Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Children's Day Poem

Crazy, arrogant and silly are the children of today;
I am sure to have misjudged you, because I am a man from yesterday;

Your music is loud, clothes funny,
And hairstyles are hilarious,
But those are the things, that make this world,
A little less serious;

As you grow old, you might start using a comb,
And responsibility is the step you may take,
So for now my friends, the world is yours,
And everyday calls for a new mistake.

{We had to write a poem about children for the children's day event on Nov 14, 2011 and this is what I could write}

8 comments:

Deepak Bhat said...

sakattagideri jasti bariri

k j pavan said...

Shte, I am sure to have misjudged YOU, cos i didn't know that you are sheer brilliant when it comes to writing. May be because I am a man from yesterday :)

Santosh said...

super skanda....

Aparna Kalley said...

Dear Skanda,
I think what you wrote applies to many contexts and that universality of the thought makes your poem a real gem :-)

Keep writing dear

Skanda said...

Thanks to Bhattru, KJP, Santu and Aparna!

Chin said...

Every day
and every word, song and poem
and moment more
I realise
How much more precious
you are
dear Shte.
Lovely poem.
Reflects your deep understanding and your sensitivity for the children and of your work!

Skanda said...

Thanks Chinnu :-) Very much thanks!

Archit Dharod said...

kyaaa baat hai yaar! amazing poems!! :)