Monday, August 22, 2011

Oh my god it's so much fun,
when I shoot you with my neutron gun,
If you are an atom of uranium,
I will split you into Krypton and Barium,
Do not feel safe in your bullet proof pajama,
As I can melt it with some heat and Gamma,
Oh my god it's too much fun,
when I shoot you with my neutron gun...

I wrote this poem to entertain my students of class 8 while teaching them Nuclear Fission in Chemistry. I recited it with a lot of drama and they enjoyed it. But at the end everyone said "It is so lame!"

nuclear fission is a nuclear reaction in which the nucleus of an atom splits into smaller parts (lighter nuclei), often producing free neutrons and photons (in the form of gamma rays), and releasing a tremendous amount of heat energy.

6 comments:

molarbear's posts said...

Well, I like it a lot :) Deepa.

Chin said...

Wish I was your student, sighh.
I would giggle and wonder why,
I'm smiling even as I claim,
like everyone else that "It's so lame"
I'd remember the drama, I'd smile again
Whenever anyone said Nuclear, Skanda
You'd come to mind
The lame poem isn't at all in vain
Neutron gun, so much fun and a
wonderful memory never left behind!

Ras said...

To whom u r doing all this...Valley School Children..Its must carry attitude, too much HI FI Words...Which they will never understand ..Then u wud get wonderful comments even though they wudnt understand a bit of it :)

skdarshan said...

I loved the gun and had so much fun.... Proud to see a teacher in you and to have a friend like you ..

Skanda said...

Thanks People :-)

Chethan said...

cool bud! i like your innovative ways...just keep your "gamma" to your self!